Vacation in New York
We are in New York for a vacation/anniversary and let me just tell ya, I'm not a cussin woman but SON OF A MOTHER! It is damn cold! We arrived today around 12:30. Our room was not ready and we did not have all the clothing and gear necessary for a walk around NYC in 35 degree windy weather. We froze our butts off! We waited in line to get show tickets and my feet began to hurt from the freezing cold. Oh, I also had on boots which are not good walking around shoes and not much insulation. I had planned on changing shoes but like I said, no room yet.
We froze in line and got hypothermia on our feet and fingers. We were wanting to see Young Frankenstein and eventually got the tickets and wee were on our way. About this time it starts snowing....Like I said... damn cold!
We got back to our hotel, room was ready, and we began to layer for the evening. We were all good to go and set out to find a restaurant to eat at. We began doing the Brad and Tammy thing which is to walk aimlessly around with no purpose and no plan and then get mad at each other because we can't find anything. The crowds are crazy packed in every restaurant and packed on the streets (see picture below) with an hour wait for every one so we find a little scottish restaurant. We walk in around 6:30. We had been walking around aimlessly for about 30 minutes. The girl tells us that it will be 20 minutes. 20 minutes turns into 30, then 40 minutes. Now it's 7:10 and we finally get seated. We tell our waitress that we have to make an 8:00 show and could we speed up the process. I guess maybe since I had a southern accent and she was scottish, she didn't understand what I was saying. We got our food at 7:40 and woofed down about half the food and we headed out (I had a small panic attack at this point. I have them sometimes when I get nervous/excited. I was okay after a few minutes) nearly running to the show.
The show was really good and funny. Brad and I did think that there were one too many songs and that some of them could have been cut. We enjoyed it though. As we come out of the show around 11:00, its snowing and damn cold! We go into a cafe, eat some cake and cheesecake, grab a Starbucks, and head back to the hotel.
It has been a fun day so far.
It has been a fun day so far.
Tomorrow the high temp is low 30's with snow and winds of up to 30 mph. We will be going to the MET and Chelsea Market to stay out of the cold. I'll keep you posted on the freezing cold weather and all the other stuff we are doing.
Wish you were here!


2 comments:
I'm soooooo jealous... have fun, take deep breaths, see lots of shows, go by and see the Cosby house it's in Chelesea (I think), go take a pic in front of tree at Rockfeller, and have fun in the city that never sleeps.
I'm loving being able to experience NYC with you guys via the blog! Sounds like so much fun already, and who doesn't love the cold?! :) I liked the cozy cafe moment at the end.
Post a Comment