Day 2 started out super. We got up, hung around the hotel a little bit and headed to Chelsea Market for lunch. Yesterday I told you it was cold. Yesterday was the tropics compared to today. The highs were in the low 30's with wind gusts of up to 35 miles per hour. It is biting cold and really my hands and face were the only parts that were cold but I couldn't do anything about it. We tried to stay indoors all day.
We had soup and sandwiches at Chelsea. Nice and warm. We then went to Eleni's and had cupcakes. The coconut I had (those of you that know me well are not surprised I got a coconut one) was awesome and the icing tasted like twinkies filling. Brad got an Oreo Madness cupcake. He liked it but said his heart still belongs to Sprinkles.
We then headed to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. This museum is incredible and so massive. We were there 3 hours and didn't even make a dent in the whole place. The Egyptian exhibit was our favorite.
Nice jugs!

We ended the evening at John's Pizza which was really excellent and had a great, loud atmosphere. We had pizza and it was awesome. Of course it is. It's New York! This restaurant used to be a church and was converted. Thanks to my friend Debbie for the recommendation. We only had a 30 minute wait which was not that bad considering last night was a 1 hour wait. It does seem that the crowds have died down. We are hoping that crowds on Monday will be light. Tomorrow we will start the day at the Red Flame cafe for breakfast which looks like something out of Seinfeld. We then will be heading to Rockefeller Center and do some ice skating and maybe a little shopping. The temps will be much warmer tomorrow. highs in the upper 30's...wow, that's unseasonably warm!

2 comments:
i would love to visit the MMA! sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time.
I am so jealous. I want to go back. Loved John's. It was yummy with a fun atmosphere. Cannot believe you saw Bobby Flay! That is so cool. Great coverage of you trip. I enjoyed it.
Post a Comment