New York-Day 3- Celebrity Sightings and Sights
Today started out with a cold, cold, cold morning. Let me just say that every day has been very cold and windy. It has made it quite fun though and we catch ourselves laughing at how comical we must look especially when we take our hats off.
We headed to Rockefeller Center to do some ice skating. The Today Show was doing some future tapings and we saw Kathy Lee Gifford. We though, Eh, at least we saw a celebrity. Not the best one, but we can say we saw one. We got to the rink and waited about 30 minutes. I was sincerely concerend about my toes. They were actually hurting and going numb. We got in, got our skates on, and started skating around. I didn't think about my toes after that. It was so much fun and both Brad and I say it was the highlight of our trip so far. We laughed and acted so silly.
We skated around for only about 30 minutes. It was just so darn cold. We would come to the entrance and I would say, "You ready to go in?"Brad would say, "one more time around" and then we would start giggling.
This went on several times and
then we decided it was time to go in 'cause our feet began to freeze. As we were coming in, I noticed a cameraman videotaping people skating. I mentioned it to Brad and wondered if something was going on but didn't think anything of it.
then we decided it was time to go in 'cause our feet began to freeze. As we were coming in, I noticed a cameraman videotaping people skating. I mentioned it to Brad and wondered if something was going on but didn't think anything of it. We went in and went to the room to take our skates off. I notced some guy getting makeup put on his face. That's weird. I also noticed a guy with a black envelope that said "CONFIDENTIAL: Deliver to Bobby Flay" Now if you are a Food Network conneiseur like I am then you know that is the beginning of the show called Throwdown with Bobby Flay. I whisper to Brad "I think they are taping something for Throwdown." A girl sitting next to me says, "I'm gonna stay here with Bobby's shoes." Sure enough, they were taping the show on the ice rink. And I mean seconds after we went in. We did get a pic though after we went to the top. So cool! We laughed 'cause he sucks at ice skating. And his producer, I guess, told him he had to skate around one more time and he got frustrated and gave that shoulder hunch thing. It was pretty funny.

We then walked over to NBC studios and took the tour. We saw the set for Dateline and Saturday Night Live. SNL is a very small stage and the page (we thought of Kenneth from 30 Rock the whole time) told us that many singers have tried to bring cheerleaders, choirs, big bands etc.. and it just isn't possible. Neat. Also, the seats that people sit in are actually from the old Yankee stadium and if a chair breaks down it can never be used and is painted red. A superstition with that. We then walked into a sound stage and me and this guy pretended that we were reporters. I gave the news and then this other guy gave the weather. We later saw the video. I was going to buy it, but the lighting was terrible and you could hardly hear what I was saying. Not worth it for $35. When we got in the elevator to leave, the page said to me, "You know, you were really good in front ofthe camera. A natural". Acting a bit smug I must admit I said, "Well, I do community theatre back home." If ever I wanted to take any words back, it was then. That had to be the single most stupidest thing I have ever said. I felt like a moron. The page just kinda looked at me and smiled. So funny!
Later on in the evening, we walked around and looked at shop windows. The Cartier building was my favorite (although Saks had a cool one too).

Rockefeller Center at night was just beautiful and just gave you a sense of awe at the grandeur of it all and where you were and everyone around you in awe. You just want to cry or something. It's very emotive. We were very sad after Rockefeller Center realizing that our trip was over and we were leaving the next day. Brad and I really do think we could make this a yearly thing. There is just so much to do! We loved our trip.


3 comments:
so glad you had a good time and yest you should go back every year....we do! So glad you toured NBC.....isn't it so interesting? Next time you have to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge into NYC- such a cool view-- safe travels home-
Then again, it is cool to see the tree and everything lit up for Christmas. I would love to go to the Thanksgiving day parade some day, just to say I did!
i would love to skate on the plaza; sounded so fun! and i can totally picture you and brad acting silly and continuing to skate. your comment to the page was hilarious. :) maybe one day you will have a shot at the big time?
Post a Comment