Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hey all, just wanted to drop a blog line and let you guys know we are in our house and oh, does it feel good! And so so so so quiet!! We moved in last Friday and started thinking of the few things we had to do. And thinking we had a few things to do was an understatement. Brad began putting up blinds Friday night and he is still at it (we have 29 windows). In the middle of that he has been trying to get the attic floored and also get our interent hookup ready for the Verizon guy to come out and get us internet. I am actually stealing internet at the apartment at the moment. I thought I would try and see if the laptop was available and low and behold, someone has their proverbial netwrk pants down and I grabbed at the chance. Well, actually I'm sitting at a nearly empty aparrtment waiting for clothes to wash since washer and dryer are coming tomorrow. We were running out of towels and Brad IS NOT a towel re-user. He thinks that is gross!
While Brad has been doing all of that (he is so awesome. I love him) I have been unpacking kitchen boxes. I realize that I have got a ton of kitchen crap! Where did all this stuff come from?!?!? I have also started on sealing the granite counter tops which is a HUGE chore. After that, I seal the grout in the tile. Will the madness ever end? Well....maybe in January.

9 comments:

Renee & Sheldon said...

Ahh...blogs. Where all of your secrets are revealed. Not only does Brad not at veggies, but he's not a towel re-user. The saga continues... =)

The McKays said...

hooray for the new house! it's so lovely. i can't wait to see it fully furnished. xoxo

Rick, Michelle, Jonah & Harper said...

glad your house is turning into your home!

The Craftypigs said...

Congratulations! It is so fun to move into a "new" house. But you're right. You can't make a list of the stuff you have to do. It's too long. Just eat one bite at a time and try to enjoy it along the way.

The Craftypigs said...

BTW, my husband used to be a clean towel a day kind of guy. Now I have to remind him to put the old towel in the wash occasionally. I think living on his own changed that behavior.

Steve, Shan & Jacob said...

Congratulations on moving in to your new place! Moving definitely is a lot of work--but sounds like your new place is worth the trouble. ;) Can't wait to see pics. And I love your new quote--"while you were sleeping" is one of my top 5!

The Craftypigs said...

I know you're busy with school and new house and all but could you at least post a picture of the new house so we know you're still alive?

Kim and JD said...

We ditto Celeste !!!

Kristy said...

HELLO??? Is there anybody in there? Update! I agree with Celeste too. We want to see house pics.