Sunday, July 20, 2008



Bad Boys, Bad Boys, Watcha Gonna Do

We had our own COPS episode happen right across the hall from our apartment. It unfolded like this, but I warn you, this is not for the faint at heart. There is some serious crap going on right here in Rowlett people! It's dangerous out there! Okay, not really dangerous, but pretty freakin' dangerous for us okay?
Around 12:00 Thursday night Brad and I were watching TV. Well, really I was asleep on the couch and Brad was watching Batman, the first one, on TV. Brad begins to hear this banging coming from outside. He wakes me so that he doesn't have to be scared by himself and we can share in the fear. We immediately head for the peep hole to see what's going on. We look through the hole to find a guy banging on the door of the apartment directly across from us. And he is banging pretty hard and yelling at the girl (that's what we suspected) inside. Although we could not hear what the girl was saying in response to his comments, we could definitely hear him. These are the few things he said...
"Let me in! Let me in! Let me in!... I have been working 4 days straight. I just need some rest....No, I haven't been drinking. I promise. Open the door and you can see I haven't...Just let me in... I'll sleep on the couch. I'll just sleep on the couch. That's all...I'm not drunk...I'll sleep on the floor okay? Let me just sleep on the floor."
This went on for several minutes and finally the girl let him in and all was over.
Till today..
We began to hear more banging on the door. More banging and some yelling like "Open this door or something to that effect." We jumped up to see through the peep hole at what was going on thinking dude has come back when low and behold the police are banging this time! We notice two cops, two cars, and two women. One girl, maybe in her early twenties, goes in to the apartment while the police officer and the older woman, maybe in her forties, stand outside. The police officer then begins to bang on the door again saying again something like "open this door". The door finally opens and the officer goes in. In a few minutes we see the officer come out with some guy in handcuffs who looks to be a little drunk. Was it the guy from the other night? We aren't sure but are jumping to conclusions and saying yes. The officer tells him "You try to fall down these stairs and I'm going with you." They put him in the policecar, get a statement from the younger girl, then drive off. So, we have formulated our own opinion and assumed that dude would not leave the apartment and the girl had to finally call the cops and get him out by force.

I don't know if I ever mentioned that if there is a 'hood' in Rowlett, then it would be these apartments. Some of our friends live in really nice apartments, but we live in the Rowlett 'hood' apartments. This event makes us SO much more excited to get into our house. And thanks to the good men and women of the Rowlett Police Department, I might live to see that happen.

5 comments:

patti said...

wow...exciting times in the hood! I think you said it best that you will be even happier to be in your house now! Let us know if you find out anything else on the happy couple.

eleventhirtysix images said...

Tammy Theresa Lynnette Michelle Danielle Avants!!! Quit being nosy and get away from the door! You could end up shot!!!!




(or at least get some interesting video next time). ;o)

Rick, Michelle, Jonah & Harper said...

It's situations like this where we "appear" to "experience" the "other side" so we know we never want to go there!

The Allen's said...

Where in the world are you living????????????????

Lindsay said...

Ok, I haven't checked blogs in about a month, so I am catching up. That is so funny! I see some of my "excitement" is rubbing off on you. That's what you get when you live in a town that boarders G-town. When does school start back up for you? Let's do lunch...QUICK!!