08-08-08
To some of you, that date may not mean much. But to me, that means two weeks of awesome worldwide competition. That's right... The Olympics. Beijing is hosting this year and I am so excited about it. I have already TiVo'ed anything that has to do with the Olympics and have threatened Brad with life and limb that when we move into our new house which may be that weekend, we have to have the TV set up for the opening ceremonies on August 8th no matter what and all work stops. The Olympics means two weeks of jumbled nerves and fingernail biting and cheering on U.S.A. I am very patriotic. I cry at the National Anthem any time I hear it which drives Brad crazy sometimes. I love to see our guys and gals fighting to win for recognition but symbolically to show the world that our country is a formidable foe and we can kick some butt! Two of my favorite events are gymnastics and swimming although track is pretty awesome too. Recently VISA has begun to air commericals about many of the Olympics past competitors with Morgan Freeman as the voiceover and he does an amazing job. Below is one event from the Olympics you may remember from a few years ago and if you don't get chills or cry like I did from watching, you may be communist!
I will post more videos as the Olympics get closer. I can't wait.
To some of you, that date may not mean much. But to me, that means two weeks of awesome worldwide competition. That's right... The Olympics. Beijing is hosting this year and I am so excited about it. I have already TiVo'ed anything that has to do with the Olympics and have threatened Brad with life and limb that when we move into our new house which may be that weekend, we have to have the TV set up for the opening ceremonies on August 8th no matter what and all work stops. The Olympics means two weeks of jumbled nerves and fingernail biting and cheering on U.S.A. I am very patriotic. I cry at the National Anthem any time I hear it which drives Brad crazy sometimes. I love to see our guys and gals fighting to win for recognition but symbolically to show the world that our country is a formidable foe and we can kick some butt! Two of my favorite events are gymnastics and swimming although track is pretty awesome too. Recently VISA has begun to air commericals about many of the Olympics past competitors with Morgan Freeman as the voiceover and he does an amazing job. Below is one event from the Olympics you may remember from a few years ago and if you don't get chills or cry like I did from watching, you may be communist!
I will post more videos as the Olympics get closer. I can't wait.
U.S.A.!U.S.A.!U.S.A.!U.S.A.!U.S.A.!U.S.A.!U.S.A.!

5 comments:
We love it too! Gymnastics and swimming are our favorites as well, although I do like me some diving!
i have such good memories of growing up and watching the Olympics. this was such a moving clip, i remember the event well. though, i have to be honest, it does make me think of the SNL skit they did afterwards everytime i thikn of Kerri Strug... :)
I'm totally with you! We should have a red, white and blue party! GO TEAM USA!
Have to comment again...love the Olympics! We watched a special on Gymnastics -- wow these athletes are under some strict guidelines. It was hosted by Bryant Gumble- google it- pretty eye opening!
i'm going shooting in honor of the olympics...the rodents need to feel the hot end of a .22 long rifle. those are bishop olympics. come join in the real fun.
Post a Comment