SCRIPTURE SATURDAY
Since Saturday mornings are my devotion time, I thought I would reflect on some of the scriptures that I have been reading. lately, I have been reading over the psalms which are filled with anguish and groaning but also rejoicing and praise for how mighty and powerful God is. The psalms have such rhythm to them at times. I find myself trying to sing the scriptures....not very well I might add. Many times I hear parts of songs from the Psalms that I sang as a child in church and think "How did that song go again?" and then end up singing that song all day long.
"I will enter his gates with thanksgiving in me heart. I will enter his courts with praise. I will say this is the day that the Lord has made." Does that ring a bell to anyone?
My favorites are the psalms of David. He had such a godly heart and spirit. He was hiding in caves from people who wanted to kill him, and praised God anyway. That's strong! The scriptures that came to mind and really fed me today were...
Psalm 95.
Psalm 96. "For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise...worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness."
Psalm 100. "Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord, with gladness; come before him with joyful songs...for the Lord is good and his love endures forever."
Have a joyful day full of praise to God!
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Posted by
Brad and Tammy
at
9:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment