Saturday, February 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Happy Birthday....Happy Birthday To ME!






Ah! The joys of getting older. Your body starts falling apart. You have aches that you didn't know you could get. And the aches that you did have seem more pronounced. Did I just hear something pop in my leg? What was that grumbling I heard?

Today was a fabulous day,though, with a few gifts, some leisure time, and dessert. Brad surprised me with a Kate Spade bag which has always been a dream of mine to own one of those. All day I have been caressing it as if it were gold bullion or something!


Then we had lunch at La Madeleine...my favorite lunch spot, and headed over to my other favorite spot...SPRINKLES!



The two cupcakes that are my most sought after are the coconut and red velvet (It's actually called red carpet right now for the Oscars. Cute!) and of course I got one of each. Brad and I then walked NorthPark Mall just window shopping (Well, I did buy some jeans) and enjoying the day. I have been sick for so long that it was nice to get out and enjoy the traffic jam on Hwy 75 and the packed mall. We ended the evening at Snuffer's Restaurant. Cheddar fries on my birthday?? Oh Heaven!
It's funny how as you get older, birthdays come and go and you don't have the big birhtday bash parties like you did when you were a kid, but the little things that happen mean so much more. I had a great day with my hubby just hangin' and I hope that this year turns out to be excellent with new surprises and new changes and that as I experience everything, it will make my life even better! So here's to another year of my so called maturity.

5 comments:

The Craftypigs said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a lovely day.

patti said...

oh what a fun birthday! Happy birthday!!

we have the same fav sprinkes...we should meet there sometime and enjoy together. Plus I want to see that kate spade bag~ you deserve it!!

The McKays said...

happy birthday, friend! so glad you and B-rad had a wonderful day together. his gift to you sounds amazing; a new purse and one you liked to boot. way to go! here's to another year of life!

The McKays said...

dear auntie tammy,
happy birthday. i miss you. when i see you next, i will kiss your nose. love, maggie

The McKays said...

i don't know the quote!! where is Rachel?! Rachel, Tam said you'd know it, so hop on here and help a sister out.