"I write an article in Ebony called Musings"
I just thought that I would write and tell you all some things that are on my mind. This is a good time for me to discuss a myriad of items plus tell you some things that are going on in my personal life Here goes...
#1- The one big thing that bothers me is that Wal-Mart has 36 checkout lanes but only 4 lanes open and all are full. I have NEVER seen the 36 lanes open. Ever. Is this supposed to give me the illusion of a busy store? Does it look good to have empty lanes? Do they just not want to hire new people to fill the checkout lanes? I got to Target and there are always people waiting to check me out. I have never had to wait very long to checkout at Target. Target Rules! And again I say Target Rules!
#2- Why is it that a couch blanket just nearly covers you if you stretch out, but you have to curl up to get the blanket to cover you? Maybe this is a personal problem...that I have not bought a large enough blanket. I bought The Big One from Kohl's. I would think that is BIG enough.
#3- Same type of question as number 2. Why is it that the bathtub is just small enough that I can't really stretch out in it? I can if I sit up, but not if I want just me head sticking out. Okay, maybe I'm too tall.
#4- When traffic is slowing down because of construction and everyone is merging into one lane, why is it there are always a couple drivers who drive to the very end to squeeze in? This really challenges my Christianhood because I do not want to let those people in and I get as close to the person in front of me as possible. I need to work on that! What is it going to hurt to let that driver in? I guess it's the principle. I merged over a long time ago. You should have too!
#5- I have little anxiety attacks that effect the way I eat. It is all in my mind and I want them to stop so badly! Why is it that the brain is such a control freak? I pray and I say, "It's no big deal. In the grand scheme of things, your life is great and this little minor thing is not a problem." But when it comes down to it and in the moment, here it comes and I can't get it away from me. Blessed be the name of the Lord. I know He watches over me and sees me at times when I need Him most.
#6-Why is it that Brad gets upset with me when I don't make the bed? I mean I'm just gonna get back in it in a couple hours anyway. I know it looks so much better, but sometimes I don't have time in the morning. I have even made the bed when I got home from work before Brad gets home and then Brad thinks it has been made all day...teehee. Can't do that now with our house on the market. Gotta make it everyday. Guess Brad wins.
#7-Why is it that people care so much about what celebrities do to the degree that it is almost an obsession? Like this whole Britney Spears thing. Her drama happens so often that it isn't news anymore and I never really thought it was news to begin with. News channels should stop reporting on it.
#8-And why do news channels report on minor happenings around the metroplex that nobody really cares about and not on state/world issues? Where are the good things happening in the world? Isn't that news also?
Those are my thoughts....for now
I'll probably think of more as soon as I post this.

2 comments:
Welcome back...I've been missing you. My husband completely agrees with you on Target vs WM. He would rather run across 12 lanes of traffic than have to step foot in a WM. You can find full-length throws at Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware. We have two and love them both dearly for the very reason they cover your whole body. Tub upgrades are big bucks. Just put a hot tub in your back yard. You'll get more use out of it and it's romantic to soak in the nude w/ your hubby. Just let them in honey. Let it go, or get in the other lane and be the one pissing off people instead of the one who's pissed. The bed is a personality thing. I like it made. JD could care less. Try living in LA and hearing about the celebrities...exhausting!!!! TiVo! It solves both problems: news about celebrities and news about nothing and the lack of news about everything else.
I think Celeste summed it up rather nicely. So, ditto. I agree with the blanket issue and will be checking into PB and RH. Love the thought process, Tammy. Thanks for sharing and letting us in. :-)
Post a Comment