THINK,THINK,THINK
It has been a while since I have blogged, but I sit in Aron and Suzanne's house babysitting (They are off to see Rogue Wave with Brad) and I blog. I haven't blogged in a while so I got alot to say!!!
I blog tonight about a change in the Avants casa..literally the casa. We are moving! We aren't moving far just a few miles away. We are moving for certain reasons and we weren't really sure about whether we should or not. So, Brad and I, as we typically do with EVERYTHING, we thought about it. And then we thought some more...and some more...and some more. We decided to take a risk which we never would attempt on this known world and go ahead and put our house on the market. We did and found a house that we would like to build (Chris and Jenni- We'll be neighbors! Bring your Wii over anytime!).
Here is where the drama comes in. First of all, dealing with salesmen and realtors who don't give a crap about you and are only thinking of how much money they can weasel out of you (sorry to all of you realtors who are honorable) is probably worse than root canal. Believe me, I know about root canal and yes, it's worse. Well, the methodical thinkers that we are, this drives us crazy because we want it done quickly and none of the haggling which will just make us wory and think more. Just tell us how low you will go with the price and quit trying to jerk us around! So the salesman quotes a price, then we go home to think about it. Then we come back with a price only to be turned down. Well, we are gonna have to think about it. Then we come up with a price that we could live with and they accept. Well, then we gotta figure out if we really want it because, as I said, we are methodical and so we think some more. Everything works out okay and we decide to get the house.
AND THEN TODAY....The Selection Center! This is where you choose all the features of your house from floor to celing. Much more worry and thinking and stress about what flooring goes with what tile and with what counter (had a small anxiety episode today. I blogged about those episodes a while back) Should we get the Morning Glory carpet with the pad upgrade or should we go with the toasted coconut carpet with the medium upgrade? Chrome faucets? Brushed chrome faucets? White cabinets? Cherry cabinets? Ash cabinets? What the cabinet!!?!?!?
What was this RISK stuff we were talking about? It's for the birds! But here we are, selling our house and frantically keeping it clean for 5 months. Please say a prayer for the crazy people who decided to take a risk and build a house! And I have to say, I will miss my old house and worry and think all the time about what the new owners are doing to it.

4 comments:
Building a home is very exciting! Although, for Steve and I, because we lived in another state at the time, the process was different for us. Do you agree, Suz? And, ours wasn't a custom home per say, which meant we didn't have a lot of choices or decisions to make. ;) But, having been down both the roads you are on now, all I can say is: find a good realtor, trust your instincts, and be patient. God will bring the right buyer at the right time--as cliche as that might sound--that was our story. Enjoy this season as much as you can--it probably won't come around very often. ;) We are excited for you guys--keep us posted!
wow...big steps! But i think lots of fun and in the end of it all you will look back and laugh at all the time spent pondering such things that you can change later if you don't like them.
I agree with shan find a good realtor that you can trust and patience with some prayers. As for the good realtor part...I highly recommend the ours...they are like part of the family now.
keep us posted!
I think I just found a new job I need to pursue. Helping people work through the crazyness that is the "design center" I guess it's like an interior designer but I'm thinking just for those buyers who are overwhelmed and full of anxiety going there. I remember when we built our house in Sachse I just had to keep telling Matt it's fine, it's perfect and I'm pretty sure at some point I told him I could do it by myself and he was really making something wonderful, difficult.....
So many choices. I can advise this: buy the best carpet pad they make and pick the carpet you like. You won't regret the best pads out there in the long run. I've had both really cheap carpet and really expensive carpet and the padding is the key to comfort.
Also, if you have the choice for circulated hot water - GET IT! Worth every penny you'll spend and it's really not that much.
Congratulations.
Post a Comment