Thursday, January 3, 2008

STARS on New Year's Eve

This New Year's Eve was an amazing event and one that I have never done before. Brad and I and our friends, Chris and Jenni, went to a Dallas Stars Hockey game. And although the Stars didn't win, I think it is one of my alltime favorite New Year's Eve events second only to New Year's Eve in Disneyworld with Tinkerbell flying down from Cinderella's castle (That was pretty awesome too!) Before the game started, we walked around Victory Park where a crowd of people had started gathering for the BIG D NYE countdown and a band was playing music. It was the first time I had been to Victory Park and I was in awe at its (for lack of a better word) coolness! We then got inside because it was freakin' freezin out there.



At the game we were on the second row. It was loud,( due to some checking at the boards, but also to a VERY obnoxious man behind us) it was cold, the food was eh and all of it was incredible. The experience of being at a hockey game just thrills me. If you have never gone to one, I highly recommend it. When the players slam each other up against the boards, it scares the crap out of you. I love it! I saw Mike Modano like that close! Do I have a man crush? Yes, a small one. There were a couple scuffles, but no real fights sadly. And to top it all off, we got programs AND a Stars calendar which will replace my Mary Engelbreit one. Wow, those two couldn't be more opposite....

After the game, we headed back to Chris and Jenni's house to ring in the new year with Ryan Seacrest, Dick Clark, hot chocolate, and champagne and pretty much in that order too!

5 comments:

patti said...

what a fun night!! we love going to hockey games and gray does too!

could it be...field of dreams?

Brad and Tammy said...

Yea!!! Patti wins her first cookie!

eleventhirtysix images said...

I love, love, love Stars games, and I love Victory Park, too.

But the food was just meh? Girl, you have to go back and get some brisket nachos. Fake cheese and BBQ come together on top of tortilla chips for a treat that is bliss. And messy.

I'm glad you guys had a great NYE!

The McKays said...

sounds like so much fun! glad you guys enjoyed a good time with good friends.

patti said...

wooo hoooo!!! I'm so proud of myself!!