Saturday, December 29, 2007

New Year's Resolutions
for 2008
  • Simplify my life with less stress and less anxiety. I get so caught up in the things that I do that I get very stressed out and then I get anxiety attacks. They are nothing major, but I do want to enjoy what I am doing instead of worrying so much if everything that I do will work out okay.
  • Bible Devotion more. God is so good and I want to REALLY read his word not just read it and punch my time clock and say, "Okay, read my devotion for the day." I'm not saying read every day, but diligently focus on the scriptures and pay close attention to what God is trying to tell me.
  • Work on exercising with a strict regimen because I actually like working out and I believe I eat better and feel better when I do. I know this is typical of new year's resolutions. I don't want to diet, just stay healthy. And I don't want to obsess and work out every day or something crazy like that. I just want to be active.
  • And lastly, I really want to start writing a book. I have entertained the thought for a long time now. I have several plot lines in my head that I want to get on paper. Nothing exciting, you know. Just little stories that I would like to jot down and see where it takes me.

And I know what you are going to say, that resolutions shouldn't be made because they are always broken. But wouldn't you like to say you tried? Happy new year and may 2008 be better than ever! And yes, make some resolutions!

P.S. Brad just walked by and wants me to say that I will love him more. So, yea, that too!

5 comments:

The McKays said...

When Harry Met Sally! says Shannon who is sitting next to me. Cookie time.

Great resolutions and I'm loving the last one, because, I too am starting to work on 2 books I have been thinking about: one children's and one a collection of stories. Let's have a writing party or something.

Gloria Furman said...

I want to read your book Tammy!!! Can you write a story about a little girl who has a ponytail on top of her head? Or about a little girl who chewed the eyeball off her stuffed octopus? :-)

patti said...

Ahhh...so should we share to help us keep up the resolutions?

You have some good ones. can't wait to read your story. And questions...what was the last quote from?

Brad and Tammy said...

Patti- what are your resolutions? While You Were Sleeping was the last quote....I love romantic comedies. I should blog my favs. I think I will!

W, M & Z said...

Sign me up! I will read your book!

You've inspired me to actually make a resolution or two myself now. Happy New Year!