Saturday, December 1, 2007

GET INTO THE ELFIN SPIRIT!
The holidays are upon us. Laugh, love, be merry, and do something really goofy this Christmas season! Listen to your favorite Christmas songs, eat something made of pumpkin (no Brad, you don't have to) and make sure you have red and green decorated throughout your house. Send Christmas cards and drink hot chocolate!

My Favorite Christmas Songs:

Amy Grant- 'A Christmas to Remember' ( A BIG thanks to Jennifer S. and Andi C. for singing that last year. It became one of my favorites because of you two.) and also 'Breath of Heaven' . John Denver and the Muppets- Don't laugh! It is very good although a few songs are goofy. My three favorites are 'Silent Night', ' The Peace Carol' and 'When the River Meets the Sea' which was actually in the movie, Big. Karen Carpenter- 'Merrry Christmas Darling' is so great with Karen's deep voice. I sound just like her (Donna- I totally nail it every time in my mind) Mariah Carey- 'All I Want for Christmas' which makes you move and dance when you hear it. I nail that one everytime too! Sarah McLachlan- 'Silent Night' which is so beautiful and just so light and feathery the way Sarah sings it.

The golden favs have to be Chuck Berry - 'Run Rudolph Run'. Bruce Springsteen- 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town' only because he starts laughing on the song. It's great. Brenda Lee- 'Rockin Around the Christmas Tree' I remember singing that song as a little girl.

And of course anything from Grinch or Charlie Brown is awesome!

Tell me what yours are!

5 comments:

The McKays said...

similar favorites. i grew up, too, with Amy Grant's "Home for Christmas" album and some by Michael W. Smith. Shan and I always looked foward to unpacking all our Christmas stuff and putting in those tapes! :)

The McKays said...

ooh...quote time! A Christmas Story! chalk another up for Suz.

Mom said...

You all need to ask Tammy about the puppet shows she use to put on behind the couch when she was a little girl. Also about the time her grandparents flew to California to buy her a new Chip and Dale for Christmas (before ordering online). Brad and Tammy are the best two people in the entire universe.

Brad and Tammy said...

You win another cookie Suz! You Rock!
I love Amy Grant's 'Home for Christmas'.

patti said...

Ok...I have so many traditions I'm going to blog it so i won't take up to much space on everyones comments...but have you ever heard the song

Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses...it is soooo up on my list of songs. :) check it out