HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY!!
Wow! 16 years with my hubby. Seems like it was so long ago when we got married but then seems like yesterday. I am in awe at how much I still love Brad and at how much he still makes me melt when he looks at me with his soft blue eyes or when he tells me all the wonderful little things he loves about me or when he plays his acoustic guitar for me when I'm not feeling well.. I thank God every day that he was brought into my life.
Wow! 16 years with my hubby. Seems like it was so long ago when we got married but then seems like yesterday. I am in awe at how much I still love Brad and at how much he still makes me melt when he looks at me with his soft blue eyes or when he tells me all the wonderful little things he loves about me or when he plays his acoustic guitar for me when I'm not feeling well.. I thank God every day that he was brought into my life.
To recap the 16 years, here are only a few things that we have done...
- We went to Disneyworld for our honeymoon on New Years Eve 1991. It was awesome. We then decided that next year we would go again (Hurricane Andrew arrived as we were leaving. Whew!) because in our naive minds, putting things on credit cards was no big deal. Huge life lesson there!
- I had several car accidents in Brad's cute little blue Miata convertable and when we finally sold it, I don't believe it had any of its original parts left on it. Sorry honey :O)
- We have had two dogs: A Scottie dog named Opie and a West Highand Terrier named Josie. I would love to have a dog again and maybe keep it this time.
- We flew to Europe in 1999 and traveled to Sweden and Paris. Loved Sweden. Did not like Paris very much although Eiffel tower was amazing ( A huge countdown clock to 2000 was at the top of the tower!). Did you know that their staple food in Paris is steak and french fries? Weird..
- We have been on two cruises with Royal Caribbean. On the last one we saw Mike Rowe and Gloria Estefan. Actually danced the conga with her! Surreal!
- We lived in 4 apartments before we bought our house. Their names are "the small apartment", "the bug apartment" "the big apartment" and "the last apartment". Ask me about them sometime.
- And lastly, this last weekend, we went to P.F. Chang's for dinner on Friday. Saturday morning we ate breakfast at Breadwinners which was so quaint with a cool breeze coming in to the open doors where we sat. We then ambled our way through The Arboretum (see pics below) and just reminisced about our life together and affirmed each other. After our ambling, we ate cupcakes at Sprinkles to finish the day. It was so romantic.
Brad actually slid on the wet grass running over to take this pic. That's why we are laughing. We laughed all day about that!
Brad had to run around a huge grove of pumpkins to get in this little hut . One guy yelled at him "You're not gonna make it!"and at the last second, he made the shot. We laughed some more!
Brad and I agree that some of the most romantic moments in our 16 years of marriage, don't come from the fancy dinners we eat or the amazing gifts we give each other. But a stroll through a park holding hands, a good laugh at a joke we heard, or a nice evening at home with a large pizza between the two of us and a good movie are those times that we cherish. I pray that we will always be like that!

10 comments:
I don't think there is a cuter couple around! ;) Happy Anniversary! I was so encouraged by this post. Thanks for sharing some great memories from your past 16 years together. Tam, I love your hair that length. Looks beautiful. ;)
Great photos! You guys really are the cuuuutest couple!
Thanks to all you guys!
Gloria, I was inspired by you and your 100 memories that you and Dave shared. Even though I only posted a couple, I would love to do that with Brad someday.
Hey SHAN and SUZ! Did you notice my comment by the profile? A free cookie to you or Suz if you tell me where it's from. First one to answer gets the prize!!
You've Got Mail, baby!! :)
Yea Suzie!!! You Win!
I didn't even say happy annivesary before! You two are amazing. I love to hear the positive talk about marriage and to watch you both enjoy marriage. It's good to be your friends. Here's to 50 more years together!
Hey now...I knew the answer, I just didn't tell anyone. ;) Is there a prize for runner-up?
happy aniversary
i also melt when brad plays hi acoustic guitar for me.
-truitt
Post a Comment