
Halloween in our new house! How exciting! People are telling us, "In your new neighborhood, you will have people from all over town dropping their kids off to trick-or-treat. It's gonna be crazy. You better load up on the candy." OMG! Really? That is gonna be awesome! I go to the store and spend around $50 on the large candy mix bags. Looking at the bags, I think maybe I don't have enough so I get blowpops. I also have two bags of bubble gum on the side that I will dump at the last minute. You can't put gum and chocolate together 'cause then the chocolate starts tasting like gum..
I have a large black cauldron that I have used for years...never have filled it the brim. This year, it's overflowing and some candy is sticking out of the top. I can only get 1/2 a bag of blowpops in the cauldron and even if I wanted to get the gum in, there's no way. I have to get a small bowl to put that in. We are ready!
My friend Viviana comes over for pre-candy dinner..pizza with bread sticks.
We get to talking about shows that make us laugh (i.e. Office, Conchords, Arrested Development, British comedy) and
we start hearing the kids coming. Our doorbell is broken which is terrible because the one night of the year you need your doorbell is Halloween.
It makes a terrible buzzing noise when you push the button and then we smell plastic burning. Not good.
The kids start knocking on the door. Some try the doorbell even though it says to not use it. Read people or else you are gonna burn my house down! It begins! Here we go! We all start taking turns running to the door. This is gonna be a fun night!
A couple kids show up,
trick-or treat!
oh, you look so cute in your spiderman costume!
Thank you
trick-or-treat
Um, what are you supposed to be?
I'm a Scream, gothic, witch ghost
oh..umm..nice
trick-or-treat
OMG! love your costume! how original!
(This girl was Michelle Obama and had a sign that says "Michelle Obama for first lady' . She may have been 10 years old and was dressed in a green straight line dressed with tights and dress shoes. Too cute)
trick-or-treat
You aren't even dressed up!
(this happened alot with the older kids. They didn't even have bags. We all agreed they only got one piece of candy and it wasn't the chocolate)
So, we had maybe 50 kids on Halloween night and a ton of candy left over. What happened?? Where are all the kids? It was getting close to 9:00 and still not very many kids. We decided to walk to a block party that was going on at the end of our street and see what's going on down there. Lots and lots of people but still not a huge turnout like we thought we would see. It was mostly adults with costumes that they obviously thought were sexy but these ladies were 20-40 lbs too large for their tiny S&M/Bad Catholic girl costumes. There were a few bounce houses and some guy talking on a micrphone with little kids. There were supposed to be buffalo wings somewhere but we didn't see any. We did see one little girl eating celery which we thought was funny on the day that you are supposed to be candy gluttons.
The kids had the best costumes and two that just made me laugh out loud were..
THE ROBOT 
THE PLUMBER
Complete with Butt crack!
We walked around for a little bit but then we left 'cause Viv had to pee and it was starting to get boring. So the Halloween passing-out-candy-to-hundreds-of-kids-Night was kind of a bust. The only fun that was had was me and Viv talking till midnight about all the old movies we love and screwin' around on the computer. Well, actually the night was alot of fun!
So where were all the kids? Is Halloween not the big thing it used to be? Do people go to schools and churches to have Fall parties? Hmmm....sad really.We have tons of candy left. Anybody want a box of Milk Duds and a piece of bubblegum????


4 comments:
Send the candy over here, the kids in our neighborhood cleaned us out =) Though maybe that was because my dad wasn't being stingy with it, ha ha!!
We didn't have that many at all either.. well, at least I don't think we did.. I was in bed asleep. I dunno - last year we got pummeled...
sorry to hear you'll have to eat ALL that candy yourselves! Life is rough!
IF you want to get rid of that candy let me know.... We could use some for the FFFFFFF Festival ?
Sorry it was a bust for you!
Post a Comment