A movie I recommend...
I just finished watching a movie called North and South (Not the Civil War one). This is a British mini-series piece that I thuroughly loved from start to finish. Well, I really can't say that because I didn't watch all of it. The movie came in two discs. I watched the first one, then queued up my Netflix to watch the other. While I was watching the second, many references were made about events that happened that I was supposed to know about. What? What's going on here? What about the rioting or the proposal from John to Margaret? I didn't get any of that information! Well I did mention that this was a mini-series, right? several segments, or days were on the first disc. Well, when I watched the first one, once the credits started rolling, I figured it was over and I needed the second disc. Nope. There was another and I had already returned it to Netflix! Bum! So, I have to watch it again. I'll probably buy it since it was that good. I love British period pieces so much...Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, etc...And of course it has to have some love at the end! I'm weird. I love a good science fiction movie too! I don't know whether to call that eclectic or just weird!
Netflix recommended North and South to me. It's like TiVo. It knows me so well. I love you Netflix!


4 comments:
We used to watch the North and South mini-series when I was younger. Loved, loved, loved it! I wonder if it was the same one. This one had Patrick Swayze in it.
Not the same one. This one is a British mini series, but love love love the Patrick Swayze one too. Ever watch The Blue and The Gray mini series? Love that one too!
you're so good to do so much reading! Now go join your new friends at the pool!
love netflicks! have never seen this, so will have to keep it in mind. quote: it's a wonderful life.
Post a Comment