The House That is Constantly Having to be Fixed With a New Problem Each Week Because Apparently People Are Stupid House...
The next installment of our house woes is the cabinets. We walked in to look at our house two weeks ago to find that the cabinets in our kitchen had been stained the wrong color. Brad insisted that they were the right color, but as I said to him, a girl knows her color and it was wrong. I drove all the way to Keller Springs and the Tollway to the desing center to prove it. Sure enough, the color is wrong. Our cabinets that we picked were a cinnamon stain and the ones in our house were black (actually the manufacturer's fault). So, our builder fixes it but decides not to replace the cabinets. Instead, he stripped the cabinets to see if the stain would come off. Because apparently people are stupid. The very definition of stain means 'on there permanently'. It didn't work and no one thought to put any paper down over the tile to keep it clean. All the stain came off onto the floor. The tile is ruined and will have to be replaced. Because apparently people are stupid. We have had to pick a different stain color. Now it looks good and hopefully it will match with our flooring. Now why they didn't just replace the cabinets and put new color on is beyond me. Or even test out a couple cabinets and see what happens. I'm not a difficult person, but when I see people cutting corners and not given their 100% effort and best and not giving me the time of day, it makes me sad and then I get angry and then I cry. We went over to the design center yesterday to talk to the design manager..so nice! Even though she really talked to us for only a few minutes, we felt so much better. Maybe it was B.S. that she was giving us, but I felt like she was in my corner and understood my pain. Are you with me on this people?
There are many more little problems all over the house that I could talk about for days, but I won't. Our move in date is July 30 and hopefully there are no more major flaws.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Posted by
Brad and Tammy
at
4:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
OMG--- when it rains, it pours-- may this be the only "mess" you must endure! Maybe this will be it so the rest will flow nicely.
We can totally sympathize with you, the exact same thing happened to us, BECAUSE APPARENTLY PEOPLE ARE STUPID!
Tammy! So good to find you! This story is soooo funny... I fear it is what we have coming our way in the very near future!
Tammy!!! I "found" you through Jessica's blog. How are you, and where are you guys building your new house? That is very exciting! We are planning on moving before long too. I will have to keep up with you now that I found your blog.
Post a Comment