Battle of the Alamo
REMEMBER THE ALAMO!! Last Thursday and Friday our school's fourth grade class took an overnight trip to San Antonio/Austin. The kids had a blast and really got to soak up the Texas history. 4th grade social studies is all about Texas History .The kids love it, but to relate what they have been taught in the classroom to the artifacts and the buildings was a special treat. We went to the Alamo and walked around and also went to see The Alamo movie at the IMAX. There was some shooting, some blood, some death and a couple swears so of course the kids loved it! We then went to Casa Rio Restaurant on the Riverwalk which was amazing. To hear the crowd and the outdoor restaurants; People talking in the background;the clinking of silver on ceramic plates;a slight breeze blowing across the canal is just a wonderful sound. And not just in SA but anywhere there is outside seating is such a wonderful feeling. We spent the night in SA and then got up the next morning with a tour of the Natural Bridge Caverns and the Capitol in Austin. I think the kids just found a new way to respect their state and understand it just a little bit more. There were no glitches and all the kids behaved themselves...well mostly. We will definitely plan on this being a yearly trip.
Battle of the Alamo...revisited!
I have been having some stomach and bowel troubles lately and went in for a colonoscopy and endoscopy on Tuesday. That day wasn't all that bad. I was home before 11:00 and then slept for a couple hours. Good to go! But...the night before..a battle was raging right in my home! Just like the Alamo, there was some shooting, some blood, some death and a couple swears. Okay maybe not the blood and death but there sure was a battle going on. If any of you have experienced this personally or have family that have experienced this, you know what I'm talking about. I had my own Battle of the Alamo going on in my bathroom! Not Fun!
So after the exam, The doctor said that I had some reflux that was coming up into my chest. That was the feeling I was getting. It just wasn't creating heartburn. Also I did have a few small ulcers in my colon which I can take a little medicine for and will be completely cleared up. So, I am very pleased with the tests. The only pain I have right now is a piercing pain in my right hand where the nurse (apparently an inept one) poked me in my hand to make an IV and I believe she stabbed me all the way through to the bone. Finally she said in a comical way that made me want to reach over and grab her bleach blonde hair "I can't get the needle in!" Another nurse had to make a new IV. That was only after I sat up on the bed leaning over in severe pain. I actually can't make a fist with my right hand at the moment. But, if that was all then I'm doing pretty good.
We lost the Alamo in San Antonio and in my house too but luckily both ended up in victory!

3 comments:
so glad to hear you're feeling better! And that the SA trip went well. I'd love to chaprone next year.
wow...a trip with school kids and a trip to the dr...that is a battle.
I hope all is better. Just think g understands a little of your pain...he had reflux for about 8 months.
good luck on the move...can't wait to see pics of the new house.
Sorry about your tummy troubles. Hate that! So with you on the inept nurses w/ IV needles. I've had several surgeries and the worst part is getting the IV in. Before they even begin, I ask, "Are you good? Cuz if you're not, then get me someone who is." I say this with all the seriousness that I can muster but they inevitably "try" and fail and always have to go get someone "whose really good" to finish the job. Exhausting. Hope your hand is better by now.
Post a Comment